Based at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra, Professor Bourke’s research interests lie in nutritional intervention strategies for sporting performance.
The goal of Louise’s research is to find practical nutrition strategies that athletes and coaches can use to achieve optimum performance. Often this will involve examining metabolism during and after exercise to discover how complex systems work.
Accolades and awards:
- Medal of the Order of Australia. For services to sports nutrition, as a dietitian and through academic, research and administrative roles. (2009)
- American College of Sports Medicine, Citation Award. (2009)
- Australia Bulletin Smart 100 Award: Winner in Category: Sport (2007)
- Distinguished Scholar Award: Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutritionists, USA (2007)
- David R Lamb Excellence in Education Award, Gatorade Sports Science Institute (2007)
- Australian Sports Medal (2000)
Appointments and affiliations:
- Director, International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Nutrition (2005-present)
- Member, Nutrition Working Group of International Olympic Committee (2003-present)